Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have been making banana bread for my grandson and I thought I could change things to make it diabetic friendly so I can have a piece and no one is any the wiser that it's suitable for a diabetic. Hope you like it.
- Sift flours together with baking powder and salt.
- Mash bananas and mix with oil and eggs.
- Add the sugar blend to flour mix and then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Fold in walnuts if using.
- sprinkle with a little brown sugar if you wish after putting in loaf tin.
- Bake in a loaf tin at 170 Celsius for 40 minutes.
It wouldn't be fair to rate this recipe because I changed a lot of it...used 4 banans, used only 1/2 c of white flour and added 1/2 c of quick oats, used one egg and 1/2 c low fat sour cream and put in cinnamon. Bread was great..probably needed more time to bake maybe 5-7 longer. I just try to cut down on as much white flour as possible and the oats were really good in it. The best result was that I had it for breakfast and didn't raise my blood sugar any more than any diabetic conscious recipe!
Very tasty. Just the way I like banana bread-not too sweet. I might add some ground nutmeg next time, because it is a flavor I like in banana bread. Good texture! Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.