Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cookies that taste like banana bread! My banana bread lover loved these cookies. I had included these on my 2006 Christmas cookie tray. I'm putting the recipe here on Zaar for safe keeping. I don't recall where I got this from, so if anyone knows, proper credit will be given. I did omit the macadamia nuts last year because I ran short.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed or until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, banana and vanilla until well blended and banana is mashed.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour in three additions until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets(I used parchment paper).
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container. (Recipe states cookies keep in airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. Or frozen up to 2 months.).