1/4 Photos of Banana-Bread Banana-Pudding Cake
I love both banana bread and banana pudding, so I decided to put them together for this rich, deliciously addictive dessert. Note that this is easily split into to desserts. I ususally make a smaller one for home and a larger one to take to whatever event I'm bringing dessert to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces butter pecan cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 large overripe bananas
- 1 cup oil
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant banana cream pudding
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large banana
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 16 vanilla wafers
- 1 (16 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
- 4 vanilla wafers
- 1In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas until no large chunks are left.
- 2Add eggs and the 1 T vanilla and mix on high speed for about 2 minutes.
- 3Lower speed to medium, slowly add the cake mix, then the oil.
- 4Mix just long enough to incorporate all ingredients.
- 5Pour into 9x13 baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 6When finished, remove from oven and immediately make 16-20 holes all over the surface of the cake (I use a small wooden dowel for this, but the handle of a wooden spoon works nicely).
- 7Allow cake to cool completely; while it's cooling, slice the banana into thin slices and toss the slices in the lemon juice, then set aside.
- 8When cake is cooled, whisk 3 cups of the milk with the two boxes of pudding and the teaspoon of vanilla.
- 9Working very quickly while the mixture is still thin, pour half the pudding over the holes of the cake, setting aside the remaining half of the pudding.
- 10Arrange 16 of the vanilla wafers on top of the cake, covering the holes.
- 11To the reserved pudding, whisk in the remaining cup of milk and allow it to set (about 2 minutes); then evenly spread pudding over vanilla wafer layer.
- 12Drain the lemon juice off the bananas and layer them over the pudding.
- 13Swirl whipped topping over the top, taking care not to pick up the bananas or the pudding.
- 14Crush remaining 4 vanilla wafers, sprinkle cookie crumbs over cake.
- 15Refrigerate at least 6 hours (overnight is better).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Bread Banana-Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.1
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 127.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
butter pecan cake mix