Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I started this with the basics and have added a couple surprises along the way.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed bananas
- 2 teaspoons applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl add butter and brown sugar and mix well.
- Stir in egg, bananas and apple sauce blend together.
- Pour into loaf pan, bake for 60 to 65 minutes, stick with a toothpick in the middle of the loaf until it comes out clean.
- Let cool, then turn on to serving plate.
Very tasty. I am not the best banana bread maker, so mine turned out probably half the height that it should have, but it is still yummy. Made for the I Recommend Tag.
Wow! This is the Bomb! This really makes at least 8 large slices. I was a bit worried about the serving amount. But this makes a regular side banana bread. The only thing missing would be some walnuts. Very, very moist and yummy! Thanks for posting. Made for PAC spring 08'