Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A butterless bread and butter style pudding with a tropical feel to it. Delicious and different!
Make and share this Banana Bread and Butter Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Remove crusts from bread and spread slices with jam on one side.
- Cut the bread slices in half diagonally.
- Arrange a 1/3 of the bread over the base of a 2 litre greased ovenproof dish.
- Top the bread with half of the sliced banana and half the coconut and sultanas.
- Repeat another layer of bread slices, topped with all of the remaining banana, coconut and sultanas.
- Finish off with a final layer of bread slices on top.
- Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour over the dish and let dish stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Place a large baking dish (big enough to hold the pudding dish inside) with sides into the oven.
- Place the pudding dish in the larger dish.
- Now pour boiling water into the larger dish (not into the pudding!) until the water comes halfway up the sides of the pudding dish.
- Cook for 1 1/4 hours or until set.
- Cover the pudding with foil after 30 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Serve dusted with the icing sugar.
- This is fabulous with vanilla or macadamia nut icecream.
- Also lovely served with maple syrup or passionfruit sauce or any combination!
This was okay but I did find it a little dry..the taste was nice with the addition of the jam to the bread but I would have liked a bit more "custard" surrounding the bread..I think the liquid should be increased a little.
As a variation I tried this tonight with plum jam and it was great!