1/3 Photos of Banana Bread (America's Test Kitchen)
1 hr 15 mins
This has got to be my favorite banana bread. I have made so many from this website and others. The key is the frozen bananas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 bananas (ripe, and previously frozen)
In a small bowl mix
In a med bowl whisk
- 1Defrost bananas in microwave and reserve all the liquid. Reduce just the liquid to about 1/4 cup and add this to bananas and mash.
- 2Add the banana mash to wet ingredients in the med bowl.
- 3Add dry ingredients to wet and add 1/2 cup of toasted chopped nuts.
- 4Pour in a greased pan and top batter with an addtional thinly sliced banana if desired(it does look really good with the bananas on top!) Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar to carmelize the sliced bananas as it cooks. Bake at 350 for 1 hour -rotate pan half way. Cool for 15 minutes in pan before removing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread (America's Test Kitchen)
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 428.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g