Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mom's recipe, made without buttermilk. It's hard to leave it alone overnight. lol
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 -4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl beat together brown sugar and oil.
- Add eggs, banana and orange juice; beat well.
- In another bowl combine flour, soda, powder and salt.
- Stir banana mixture into dry mixture JUST until mixed.
- Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake 350°F degrees oven until toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Wrap and store OVERNIGHT before slicing and serving (it's hard).
This may well have been the best banana bread I have ever eaten. This recipe definitely deserves five stars. My only suggestion would be to perhaps add some chopped walnuts.
This is a great recipe. I went online looking for a banana bread recipe that didn't require buttermilk, and I came across this! It is GREAT! I baked mine in a bundt pan and it turned out perfect. The only changes I made were adding a tsp. of cinn. and a tsp. of nutmeg. I baked it at 340 degrees for 40 minutes. Wonderful...thanks for posting! ;)
This is fantastic! I used a silicone loaf pan, so I dropped the temperature to about 325 degrees and left it in for 50-55 minutes.