Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make banana bread makes two loaves, one to eat now and one to share or freeze. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (December, 1986).
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Spray 2 loaf pans (4x8) with cooking spray or grease pans with butter.
- Cream butter with sugar and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add next 6 ingredients (eggs- cloves) and mix well.
- Stir in nuts (if using) and bananas.
- Pour into the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour- 1 hour ten minutes or until toothpick comes clean when inserted in middle of loaves.
In truth I believe that this is the finest textured banana bread that I have ever made. It came out like a well made cake, very light- I could even say fluffy! even with the whole wheat flour. I added 1 tsp of cinnamon and a rather generous 1/4 of the cloves and some chopped walnuts did not go amiss. I used 1 cup of Splenda which was fine for me but some might want it a bit sweeter (like my DH). Thanks ellie for a lovely recipe.
Very good tasting - the cloves & cinnamon are barely discernible! The use of whole wheat flour makes it healthier than other recipes. Thanx Ellie!