Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Whenever I have bananas that are too ripe to eat I freeze them in a ziplock bag. You need really ripe bananas for this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes and then bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Straightforward recipe. Tasted great! I did add some cinnamon and nutmeg :-) But it would taste good without those additions as well. And I made muffins and one loaf. Makes great muffins, too :-)
PAC 2006 this is a very good moist banana bread I left out the nuts as I just don't care for them and I used a little more banana as I just wanted to use it up. made 2 regular size loafs of bread. a definite keeper.