Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been in our family for 4 generations and will definitely be continued to be passed on. So yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (3 medium)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Blend in mashed bananas.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts.
- Add to banana mixture stirring only to moisten!
- Transfer to a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean.
I baked the bread according to the recipe except I used diced walnuts. It turned out really delicious, although mine was a little overbaked. I would only leave it in for 50 minutes next time.
This is my favourite Banana Bread recipe, except I use butter instead of margarine and chocolate chips instead of nuts.
This is a good solid banana bread. I didn't change anything, and it came out very nicely.