Recipe by toddy.mum
Ripe bananas start turning black so if you wait until they are fairly black they will be moister and so will your bread. I learned this recipe from my sister.
Top Review by TGirl,RN
This was fantastic!!! My first attempt at making banana bread, and am I thrilled that I chose this recipe!! Flavorful, moist, and so easy to make...This is definitely a keeper..thank you so much !!! TERESA
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (the riper the better)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease the bottom of 9 x 5 or 4 x 8 loaf pan.
- Blend well first 6 ingredients together.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until they are moist.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for approx 1 hour.
- To check if loaf is done, stick a toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then it's done.