Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ripe bananas start turning black so if you wait until they are fairly black they will be moister and so will your bread. I learned this recipe from my sister.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium bananas, mashed (the riper the better)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease the bottom of 9 x 5 or 4 x 8 loaf pan.
- Blend well first 6 ingredients together.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until they are moist.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for approx 1 hour.
- To check if loaf is done, stick a toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then it's done.
This was fantastic!!! My first attempt at making banana bread, and am I thrilled that I chose this recipe!! Flavorful, moist, and so easy to make...This is definitely a keeper..thank you so much !!! TERESA
This was just delicious. Easy to make and a very classic taste. Definitely a keeper!
This was so yummy I printed this one out and added it to our Cookbook Binder at home and my sister made this last night and by this morning there was just a slice left. Really yummy. This one will be a fave of ours in this house. Even if I have to make an other loaf and hide it from the rest of the family.