Recipe by Dacey
Delicious, moist banana bread that can be served for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack! For on-the-go bites, bake into mini muffins.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (about 2)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour with soda and salt into small bowl.
- Cream butter in large bowl, then gradually add sugar. Mix well.
- Add banana and eggs to butter/sugar mixture. Blend through.
- Combine milk and lemon juice in another small bowl.
- Slowly, alternately fold in flour mixture (first small bowl) and milk mixture (second small bowl) to the banana mixture (large bowl). Begin and end with dry ingredients (flour mixture). Blend well after each addition.
- Optional: Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into 9x5x3 pan (or into muffin pan).
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until bread springs back when touched. (If making muffins, decrease time and check so they don't overcook.).
- Let cool completely before removing from pan.