Recipe by Caryn Gale
Great for breakfast or dessert. Very moist.
Top Review by Caryn
I've been searching for, and baking banana bread recipes in the hope of finding a great recipe. My family was very pleased with the moistness and wonderful banana flavor in your recipe. The bread had a nice peak with just the right color of brown for the crust (I didn't have any trouble with overbrowning as I've had with some recipes). I substituted buttermilk for the milk and lemon juice (needed to finish it up) but otherwise followed your instructions exactly. I'm most excited that my oldest daughter now has another healthy snack to add to her very limited list of healthy snacks (picky eater). Thanks from one Caryn to another....
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 -5 mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nuts or chocolate chips, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream marg and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Add bananas.
- I mash them first with a potato masher.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt in one bowl.
- Place milk, lemon juice, and vanilla in measuring cup.
- Alternating between dry and wet ingredients, slowly add to banana mixture.
- Add nuts or chips at end if you'd like.
- Bake in a loaf pan at 350 for 1 hour.