Recipe by Charlotte J
Our son brought this home from school. Low fat and sugar, so he can maintain his weight for wrestling. Easy recipe, no need to pull out a mixer, just use a fork and your hand to mix.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Combine first 3 ingredients, mix with fork and make a well.
- Add last ingredients into another bowl, mix well.
- Pour second bowl into the flour well of first bowl.
- Mix to combine, do not over mix.
- Pour into pan and bake 60 - 65 minutes, testing doneness last 15 minutes as to not over bake.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes before turning out.
- NOTE: Using a Pampered Chef stoneware loaf pan (9 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 3" ) pre-heat to 400 degrees. Bake at 400 for first 10 minutes then turn oven down to 350 degrees. Continue baking 50 to 55 minutes more until done, remembering bread will continue to bake a few minutes after pulling out of the oven.