Recipe by Ken Nipper
Very moist banana bread. I like lots of bananas and a little bit sweet. I created this recipe after making this several times and tweaking the ingredients. What I came up with was moist and sweet and delicious. Bake it slow and watch the edges for burning. Some ovens may need to cook at 325 and add 5-10 minutes to cooking time. Hope you like it.
- 1⁄3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3 -4 very ripe bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dry ingredients first.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients with spoon or whisker and set aside.
- In separate large bowl mash the bananas.
- Add sugar, honey, egg and butter to mashed bananas and stir.
- Add dry flour mixture to wet banana mixture and stir until all flour is mixed (about 20 strokes).
- Pour into a 5"x9" nonstick loaf pan.
- Bake on center rack for 20 minutes at 340°F
- Bake for additional 33 minutes at 335°F.
- Test with butter knife in center.
- When knife comes out clean then it's done.