Recipe by peachez
More cake like than bread, a great, easy recipe. I had " borrowed " the banana chips from my parrot's treat bag and she was having a hissy fit watching me take them. Little did I know that after cooling and wrapping the bread before I left for the day, my son would come home, find it and had eaten the WHOLE top off before devouring almost half of what was left. Do I believe in karma ?,You bet!, I saw it myself..LOL. The bake time may increase depending on your oven temp correctness vs mine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (or your favourite ie butterscotch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (if changing the pudding flavour, you can change the extract also)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄4 cup dried banana chips, break pieces
- 3⁄4 cup toasted nuts, chopped (walnut, pecan etc , I set aside alittle of each to top bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 1 loaf baking pan (I keep a baggie of my empty butter wrappers in the fridge for ease of buttering any pan) Combine well the dry mix in a large plastic bag.
- With a hand mixer combine wet mix in a large mixing bowl, blending well.
- Pour increments of dry mix into wet mix, hand stirring each addition.
- Add banana chips and toasted nuts to mixture, stirring well.
- Top with chip& nut mix you may have set aside.
- Bake for 1 hour- 1 hour 15 minutes or when a toothpick inserted, comes out clean.
- (loaf becomes dark golden) Cool on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan when cool and wrap.
- Hide loaf well.