Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend made this, and it's quite a heavenly banana bread. Banana bread is not my favorite, but this is delicious. Serving size is estimated.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 medium bananas, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cream butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Add bananas and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and fold into banana mixture.
- Add nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. The bread will continue to cook for a few minutes after leaving the oven.
- Take out of the loaf pan and cool on a wire rack or piece of aluminum foil.
- Double the recipe for 2 loaves.
- Note: This same recipe can make muffins, 6 in the large tins, 12 in the medium, from one loaf recipe. You may also use a bundt pan instead of a loaf pan.