Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have had this banana bread recipe for a very long time. I don't remember where I got it, but I love it. It makes a sweeter bread, and is lighter in colour than typical banana bread. Kids love these as muffins (see option 2).
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla, bananas and lemon juice; mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to banana mixture.
- Put in greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until fork comes out clean.
- Option 1: Can be made into 12 muffins. Follow same directions, but only bake for 30 minutes. I often add chocolate chips for the kids.
- Option 2: Before baking, add 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Option 3: If you find too sweet, sugar can be reduced to 1/2 cup.