- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups of mashed bananas (3 large)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped nuts, if you like
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan, either 9x5x3 or 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inches, with shortening, using a pastry brush.
- Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center of the bread comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then loosen sides of loaf from pan.
- Let cool completely before slicing.