Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
The original recipe came from my great great grandmother. I adapted it to be lower in sugar and with ingredients that had a lower GI and more fiber. Adding 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon or adding 1 Tablespoon of either Rum or Vanilla is nice too. It has also been suggested that I add Chocolate Chips.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup honey (or agave nectar)
- 3 bananas, Mashed
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup chickpea flour (Besan)
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (I like sea salt best)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Mash the three bananas with the oil, eggs and agave.
- 2. Add in the dry ingredients and stir.
- 3. Pour into a greased Loaf pan.
- 4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 60 minute About 20 min for 12 muffin sized.