Recipe by Leah's Kitchen
This is very easy and turns out so moist and soft. We have made a healthier adaption to it which I have also posted. But really this is the best. It is my Aunt's recipe. You can add nuts to it if you like. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by ScrumptiousWY
Awesome! My old banana bread was tasty but dense, and the loaf was only about 2 inches tall. I was looking for a new recipe that would fill the pan & rise high, noticed the baking powder and more flour in this recipe, and sure enough it's a winner. Very tender & cakelike with great flavor...and sprinkling the top with sugar -- genius!! That made a nice sweet & crunchy top. Thank you!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, milk, and bananas and mix together.
- Add all dry ingredients to batter and mix until the batter is fairly smooth.
- Pour batter into a well greased loaf pan and sprinkle white sugar on the top.
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes.
- When it is done a knife inserted in the middle should come out clean.