Recipe by happynana
I know not another Banana Bread. I wanted to share because we really enjoyed this recipe. I think the jam and honey make a nice difference. It is from King Arthur Flour.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at cool room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium or 2 large)
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam (I used apricot jam) or 3 tablespoons orange marmalade (I used apricot jam)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups king arthur unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, beating till smooth.
- Add the mashed bananas, jam, honey and eggs, again beating until smooth.
- Add the flour, then the walnuts, stirring just until smooth.
- Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Bake bread for 45 minutes.
- Gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning.
- Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven; a long toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean, with the most a few wet crumbs clinging to it. The tester shouldn't allow any sign of uncooked batter. If it does, bake the bread an additional 5 minutes, or until it tests done.
- Allow the bread to cool 10 minutes in the pan.
- Remove it from the pan, and cool it completely on a rack.