Recipe by Sara 76
This is from The Australian Women's Weekly "Cafe Favourites" cookbook. This is my favourite banana bread! I double the recipe, and cook it in a large square cake tin, then cut it into two rectangle loaves once it is cooked. We usually have one loaf warm on the day I cook it, then have the other loaf toasted for breakfast!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was a easy banana bread to whip up and has a great flavor! It is denser that most breads I have tried and I was not sure about the amout of brown sugar, but it was perfect, not too sweet at all! Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 90 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self-rising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Reheat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan-forced). Grease a 14cmx21cm loaf pan; line the base and long sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5 cm above the long sides.
- Beat butter, vanilla, and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in banana then sifted flours, in two batches.
- Spread mixture into pan; cover with a strip of pleated foil. Bake 40 minutes; uncover, bake another 30 minutes. Stand 5 minutes; lift onto a wire rack to cool. Serve toasted or warm, with butter if you like.