Recipe by just jamie
A yummy recipe I got from the big book of healthy family dinners. The secret to a great tasting banana bread is to use fully ripe bananas.
- nonstick cooking spray, coating
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Spray an 8x4x2 inch loaf pan with nonstick coating. Set aside. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl stir together the egg whites, banana, sugar, and oil. Add flour mixture all at once to banana mixture. Stir just until moist.
- 3. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake in a 350 oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Cool the bread in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.Wrap bread in foil or plastic wrap; store overnight. Makes 1 loaf.