Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a very simple banana bread. Very easy to make and very banana-y. My kids love it.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Grease bottom of 9x5 loaf pan.
- Combine sugar and margarine, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat.
- Add bananas, milk, and vanilla, blend well.
- Combine flour, nuts, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to banana mixture, mix well.
- Pour into greased pan, bake at 350 for 55 minutes.
This was very good and my whole family enjoyed it. Was easy to put together, the only change I made was butter instead of margarine. I used walnuts also. The banana taste really comes through in this bread and it has just the right amount of sweetness. Thanks for posting! (Made for My 3 Chefs event, Fall '08)