Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a moist, delicious recipe that will use up those overripe bananas.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until creamy. Beat egg slightly, and mix into the creamed mixture with the bananas.
- Mix in sifted ingredients until just combined. Stir in milk and nuts.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 or until top is brown and cracks on top.