Recipe by invictus
There are a bazillion banana bread recipes but I can't seem to duplicate exactly. It is dense and has intense banana flavor and it never fails to get compliments. I have lost the piece of paper that this recipe lives on so many times and it has caused me so much anxiety. I have found it.....again.....so I am finally being smart and posting here for safe keeping.
Top Review by Deantini
I halved the recipe to one loaf and made as stated excpet I added 1/2 tsp of baking powder. The bread is delicious, moist and great for anybody that likes this style of bread. Made for Sweet Traditions.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oven rack in its lowest position. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2.
- Mix sugar and butter in a large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients until moistened.
- Pour into pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans. Cool completely before slicing.