Recipe by Marzalicious
This is my favorite banana bread recipe and I won't eat any other. I hope you will like it as much as I do!
Top Review by Barbasol
I also happened to have everything on hand to make this recipe. Which in my kitchen is unusual. I found it incrediblly easy to make, I did the whole thing in the food processer!!! Because I don't like to have a whole "loaf" on hand at once, I made it in my muffin tins, and baked them only 20 minutes. I got 24 nice sized muffins,that were very moist, and had a good flavor. In half of them I put chocolate chips, because my daughter likes them. I would love to be able to figure out how to put peanut butter in them. This recipe will replace my old favorite!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 -3 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- butter, for pan
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter pan.
- Peel bananas and mash with fork in a small bowl.
- In a different bowl mix the sugar, oil, and egg until creamy yellow.
- Blend in the mashed bananas and add nuts if wanted.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Destroy any lumps.
- Put the batter into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until tooth pick comes out clean.