Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite banana bread recipe and I won't eat any other. I hope you will like it as much as I do!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 -3 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- butter, for pan
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter pan.
- Peel bananas and mash with fork in a small bowl.
- In a different bowl mix the sugar, oil, and egg until creamy yellow.
- Blend in the mashed bananas and add nuts if wanted.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Destroy any lumps.
- Put the batter into a loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until tooth pick comes out clean.
I also happened to have everything on hand to make this recipe. Which in my kitchen is unusual. I found it incrediblly easy to make, I did the whole thing in the food processer!!! Because I don't like to have a whole "loaf" on hand at once, I made it in my muffin tins, and baked them only 20 minutes. I got 24 nice sized muffins,that were very moist, and had a good flavor. In half of them I put chocolate chips, because my daughter likes them. I would love to be able to figure out how to put peanut butter in them. This recipe will replace my old favorite!!
I had some over-ripe bananas, so I came here to look for a banana bread recipe. I happened to have all the ingredients on hand needed for this recipe, so I tried it. I am glad I did. This bread was nice and dense, yet very moist, and most of all incredibly delicious. It makes a very filling snack or breakfast, and it's easy to make too! (A big plus in my book.) I doubled the recipe to make 2 loaves, and it worked perfectly. Thanks for sharing your recipe...it will become a regular in our house.
Just a good basic yummy banana bread recipe. Thank you so much!