Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my grandma who got it from her mom. It's delicious with or without walnuts.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 small very ripe bananas
- 3 ounces chopped walnuts (optional)
- Sift flour and dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix butter and dry ingredients together using your hands, like you are making a pie crust.
- Mash bananas thoroughly in separate bowl.
- Whisk eggs together in small bowl.
- Combine all ingredients until moistened/combined.
- Mix in chopped walnuts. (optional).
- Grease loaf pans.
- Pour mixture into loaf pans about half full.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
This was great! I made it as muffins & it was done after 20 minutes. Everyone at my Sunday school class loved them! Thank you!
This is delicious and moist. There aren't any flavors to detract from the banana. I made one loaf in a 9 x 5 pan, and it took over an hour at 350 degrees. Really good, thank you!