Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy dairy free banana bread with a twist or two.
- 3 -4 bananas (one or two reserved)
- 3⁄4 cup butter substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (separated.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey (if you like) (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup rice milk or 1⁄8 cup soymilk
- 1 pinch cinnamon, and
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Separate eggs, and beat whites until soft peaks form.
- In different bowl mix butter substitute and sugar, with egg yolks, and cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add whiskey now, if using.
- Add the salt.
- In yet another bowl mix dry goods.
- Then mix dry in to wet, add nuts. And if mixture is dry, add a splash of rice/soy milk.
- Then put in loaf pans.
- Slice extra bananas and put them on top, then sprinkle some raw sugar on top of those.
- Bake at 350°F, covered with tin foil, for about 30-40 minutes, then uncover for 10 minutes.