Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe came from the Parents Magazine Cookbook, which is no longer in print, and is my most requested recipe.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup mashed banana, ripe (2-3)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with bananas, a little at a time.
- Turn into a well-greased 9x3x5 inch loaf pan, and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Made this as one of several contributions to the munchie table for a student art show at a local community college, & I actually managed to get 24 half-slices from the loaf! My bananas were quite ripe, so their flavor was right up front & enjoyable, & the entire loaf disappeared before halftime! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphan chefs at the end of thie Spring's Pick-A-Chef]