Recipe by rwchef
This recipe came from the Parents Magazine Cookbook, which is no longer in print, and is my most requested recipe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this as one of several contributions to the munchie table for a student art show at a local community college, & I actually managed to get 24 half-slices from the loaf! My bananas were quite ripe, so their flavor was right up front & enjoyable, & the entire loaf disappeared before halftime! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphan chefs at the end of thie Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup mashed banana, ripe (2-3)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar gradually and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with bananas, a little at a time.
- Turn into a well-greased 9x3x5 inch loaf pan, and bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes.