Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Quick bread -- great as muffins too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Grease the bottom and sides of one loaf pan. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of dry mixture.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg, bananas, sugar, & oil (I prefer canola oil). Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened (the batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts is desired.
- Pour the batter into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick or a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack then remove bread from pan & let cool completely. Bread is best when wrapped in foil and left overnight before cutting but it is also great hot out of the oven!
Nice easy recipe, mine only took 36 min however. Delicious.
Mmm, I made 9 very large muffins out of this batter. As far as basic banana bread goes, this is very good! Next time I might add a little more cinnamon and maybe a dash of ground cloves but that would only be out of personal preference. I would still definately make this bread again as written. Oh, and I opted to add the chopped walnuts, YUM! Made for PAC Spring 2011.