Recipe by mersaydees
This is based on JoAnna Lund's "Best Banana Bread" recipe from her cookbook 'Cooking Healthy with Splenda'.
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana, the riper the better, and mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9-by-5-inch glass loaf pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Splenda sugar, unsalted butter, and eggs.
- Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add flour, baking power, and baking soda.
- Mix gently using a sturdy spoon.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place loaf pan on a wire rack and let set for 10 minutes.
- Remove banana bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
- Cut into 8 slices.