Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is based on JoAnna Lund's "Best Banana Bread" recipe from her cookbook 'Cooking Healthy with Splenda'.
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana, the riper the better, and mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9-by-5-inch glass loaf pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Splenda sugar, unsalted butter, and eggs.
- Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add flour, baking power, and baking soda.
- Mix gently using a sturdy spoon.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place loaf pan on a wire rack and let set for 10 minutes.
- Remove banana bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Yum! Nice and moist and very tasty. You'd never know it was "good for you." Next time I might try substituting 1/2 cup of the flour for whole wheat flour.
Great, healthy banana bread! Very much enjoyed by my family. It didn't last very long! We didn't miss the regular sugar at all. The bread was nice and moist, too. Yummy!
Outstanding recipe. Easy to make and unfortunately, easy to eat. lol I used a little more banana than called for, used 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup Splenda. It took a little longer to bake than stated - 1 hour instead of the 50 minutes, but that was probably due to the extra 1/2 banana and the size of my loaf pan. Hubby is taking this to work tomorrow to get it out of the house. Thanks so much for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.