Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Simply the world's greatest loaf. For added sweetness, add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to this recipe. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan.")
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In s small bowl, mash the banana with a fork until very mushy, then add the lemon juice, oil, sweetener, and dates and stir together.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the flour, wheat germ, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
I have made this bread three times now and love it. I used honey instead of the sugar substitute. The second time I was out of lemon juice but made it anyway. It did not taste nearly as good. Always use the lemon juice! Today I used whole wheat flour instead of white. It is still good that way but the whole wheat taste overpowers the banana. Still very good.
Astoundingly delicious banana bread! And no eggs or butter, so it's much healthier than your average banana bread. I've baked this several times now and it's the only banana bread recipe I use anymore.
Oh good..this is the best recipe ever :)