Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just your regular old banana bread recipe with a few variations! The whole wheat flour adds some fiber and the brown sugar adds a little sweetness.
- 2 cups all purpose whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour and baking soda with whisk.
- Beat sugar and butter with a mixer on medium speed.
- Add eggs 1 at a time to the butter/sugar mixture and beat well.
- Add bananas, yogurt and vanilla extract to butter/sugar mixture and beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until just moist.
- Bake in an 8x4-inch greased loaf pan for 50 minutes to an hour depending on your oven.