Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from a mate at work. It's a quick & easy banana bread recipe that can also be made in a bread maker.
- 2 cups sifted self raising flour
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 over ripe bananas
- 1 pinch salt
- Mash eggs, butter and banana together,.
- Mix up till well combined - should be like a thick dough cake mixture,.
- Cook in a cake bar tin, sprinkle with vanilla sugar,.
- Bake in oven for 50 mins or until golden brown.
This is a very nice banana bread, I baked it for 40 minutes at 170 it doesn't say what temperature to bake it at in the instructions but I think 170 is just about right. I would make it again and thought it was a really good cake. I have always thought banana bread was a bit too moist for my taste, but this wasn't it was just right, it was a request from my Grandson as banana bread is his favourite. So I would like to thank you for posting and hope to see you post a few more. Made for Bargain Basement tag game December 2010
Terrible recipe. It doesn't even tell you what temperature to bake at. I guessed the temperature and it ended up being pretty bad.