Recipe by angelina ballerina
The best and easiest recipe I've found for banana bread. Given to me by a friend's mother.
- 1⁄2 cup oil or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups flour (try half brown or half white)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup nuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (350°F).
- Mash the bananas and beat into the eggs and oil. Add the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift all the dry ingredients (except sugar and optionals). Make a well in the centre and gently mix in the wet ingredients. Add the optional nuts or raisins.
- Poor into a lightly greased and floured loaf tin. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.