Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I started with another recipe I found here, and made a few modifications. This is a great way to use up your overripe bananas.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla, and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, blend the flours, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Take the loaf pan out of the oven and cover the edges with aluminum foil to help prevent burning while the middle finishes cooking.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.