1/1 Photo of Banana Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This is a favorite in my house. Can also be made into muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 bananas, mashed well
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 2Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts. Set aside.
- 4In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- 5With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake 55 t0 60 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan.
- 9Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1067 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2670.0
- Calories from Fat 948
- Total Fat 105.3 g
- Saturated Fat 62.1 g
- Cholesterol 667.0 mg
- Sodium 1420.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 401.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 195.1 g
- Protein 40.0 g