Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a favorite in my house. Can also be made into muffins.
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 bananas, mashed well
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 t0 60 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.