Recipe by Making Stuff
Inspired by "The Farm Vegetarian Cookbook." You can substitute walnuts, dried cranberries, or whatever you like for the chocolate chips!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup Earth Balance whipped spread
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 bananas, mashed (more than a cup)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the first four ingredients.
- Cream until light the next three ingredients.
- Then beat in the bananas.
- Alternate adding the wet mixture to the flour mixture in about three parts with the water & vanilla.
- Stir until just blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, nuts, cranberries, etc.
- Pour into oiled loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.