Recipe by Beachbunnymom
My mom made this all the time when I was a child and now I make it for my little ones. It's easy to make and delicious!
Top Review by onebadboy2
Made it just like she suggested and it is a spectacular recipe. I did all the sugar suggested and it is perfect, can't imagine using less for a bread like this. Also I live at 7200 feet, so 45 minutes was the correct cooking time. Mine fell in the middle, a bit, as well so I will tinker with this one a touch. The altitude is hard on all recipes like this, but this one is a definate keeper. Thanks for the recipe. I think I'll have another piece!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 overripe mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans.
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set a side.
- In another bowl, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in mashed bananas, buttermilk, and nuts (optional). Spread in prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.