Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simply the best
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream Sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, beating until light.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Combine banana, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Stir into flour mixture.
- Stir in mini-morsels.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- (Can also be made in mini-loaf pans or muffin tins, test for doneness after 40 or 30 minutes, respectively).
Excellent banana bread. The banana bread recipe I used to use contained both oil and butter and was quite heavy. I love the texture of this one and it tastes divine. I think I'll be using this recipe from now on! Thanks.
This recipe is extremely similar to my bf's family recipe except his doesn't use baking powder and there's a 1/2t salt. It's extremely tasty! It makes two regular loaf-sized pans.
This recipe was similiar to other recipes that I have tried in the past but it was moist and had a lovely texture that I have often not achieved with other recipes (due to buttermilk?). I didn't use the chocolate chips though because I wasn't adventurous enough this time around. My husband brought the entire loaf into work and received many compliments on the great tasting banana bread that he shared. The one thing that I think I would do differenly next time is to avoid using a dark pan. Even though I lowered the temperature by 5 degrees F., the bottom and sides browned a bit more than I would have preferred. I did place tinfoil on the top of the bread about 10-15 minutes before the bread was done so that the top did not get too brown :)