1/4 Photos of Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
This is a lovely, moist cake.. ridiculously easy to make!! Must-try for 1st time bakers.. Suggestions: can replace dark chocolate with nuts. Also you could substitute the raisins with sultanas soaked in about 5 tbsp rum or orange juice.. I add sultanas since I am not a big fan of cooked raisins!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 175 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- 150 g sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 300 g very ripe bananas, mashed up (weighed without the skin on)
- 60 g chopped dark chocolate
- 100 g raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1You will need a 2 lb loaf tin, lightly buttered or lined with parchment paper.
- 2Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas mark 3.
- 3First of all, in a large bowl, sift the plain flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- 4Now in another large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar and beat until well blended.
- 5Beat in the eggs one at a time followed by the mashed bananas.
- 6Now using a wooden spoon stir in the chopped chocolate, raisins and vanilla extract.
- 7Sieve in the sifted flour mixture (double sifting is to give it a good airing), a third at a time, folding in carefully after each addition.
- 8Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour-ish (test to see if its done when an inserted toothpick or a thin skewer comes out clean).
- 9Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning it out on to a wire rack.
- 10Then let it get completely cold before serving or transferring it to a cake tin.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.4
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.9 mg
- Sodium 678.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 71.7 g
- Protein 13.3 g