Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good texture and taste. I have made this bread for years. Simple to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- Sift flour.
- Add soda, salt blend set aside.
- Beat creamed room temperature soften butter with sugar until blended well.
- Add eggs, banana, milk, lemon or vinegar.
- Add chopped nuts of your choice.
- Add flour mixture slowly to banana mixture blend well.
- With wax paper lightly grease your loaf pan with butter then dust with flour.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Until a long toothpick comes out clean from centre of loaf.