Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I have made this for years. It's always wonderful! It's from an old Pillsbury cookbook. I like to add chocolate chips as a treat.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana (mashed, about 2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease (not oil) bottom only of 9x5 or 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, blend first 6 ingredients; beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in nuts and or chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool at least 5 minutes, remove from pan.
- Yummy :).
I made this today and it turned out good. I threw in chocolate chips which gave it a different flavor. Turned out perfect.
This banana bread is awesome--so nice and moist. It was very quick to put together too. I added the optional chopped nuts and am glad that I did. This bread also has a great banana flavor! I made this into four mini-loaves. Thanks for a great recipe. :-)