Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Moist banana bread from vegan recipe (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 -3 eggs (or substitute, e.g., 2 tbsp potato starch per egg)
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk (or can substitute soy-buttermilk, see below)
- soy-buttermilk can be made by mixing 1 cup soymilk with 1 tbsp vinegar (1:1 subtitution with real buttermilk).
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix bananas/oil/buttermilk in a separate bowl (blend 'til smooth).
- Stir dry and wet ingredients.
- Add 'eggs' and mix well.
- bake at 325ºF for 1 hr 15 minute.
- from anonymous post on vegweb.com.
- For vegan use egg sub and soy buttermilk.