Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a great way of using up over ripe bananas that you may have lying around and it will keep for ages if wrapped in foil! Great to serve for afternoon tea or just to eat up by itself!
- 113.39 g butter, plus extra
- butter, for greasing
- 226.79 g self-raising flour
- 113.39 g golden caster sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 88.74 ml clear honey
- Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- Lightly butter a 900g / 2lb loaf tin then line the base with greased parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and, using your hands, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs then stir the sugar into the flour mixture.
- Peel and mash the bananas and tip into the bowl with the eggs and honey.
- Beat well until evenly combined then transfer into prepared tin.
- Bake the banana bread for 1 ¼ hours or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin for approximately 5 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.